Have you ever done any updates on WordPress? And then on the middle of the update you got stuck? Then you are left with this message “Briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance. Check back in a minute.”
Why the Error Occurs
This is technically not error. When you are updating the wordpress site WordPress places this notification. However, sometimes during the update a site time out can occur and this notification isn’t removed during the update process.
Here’s how to remove the maintenance message
1. Login to Cpanel or hop into your favorite FTP
2. Make sure that you can view hidden files especially if you are in Cpanel.
3. Go to the root directory of your site.
4. Find the file .maintenance and delete it!
5. Visit your site again. This should solve the problem.